It’s hard to believe, but we’re nearing the end of the holiday season. If you’re scrambling for those final gifts, fret not! Franklin County boasts an abundance of local gems that make for unique and thoughtful presents. Here's a last-minute gift guide that will not only save you from the stress of last-minute shopping but also support the vibrant businesses in our community.
Last-Minute Gift Guide for Local Treasures in Franklin County
Last-Minute Gift Guide for Local Treasures in Franklin County
311 Wells St. Greenfield
If you’re in a pickle and can’t find the right gift we recommend purchasing some Real Pickles as a present. Real Pickles offers 100% organic, naturally fermented, and raw plant-based foods that support gut health and the immune system. Sales & Marketing Manager, Kate Hunter, recommends three top gifts available at local stores or online at realpickles.com.
- Organic Garlic Kraut
- Organic Red Napa Cabbage
- Shirts & Hats
HENS & CHICKS
308 Main St. Greenfield
Discover something new every day at Hens & Chicks Consignment Store while supporting a local business AND recycling. Owners Mindy & Justin suggest three easy, size-free gift ideas:
55 N. Main St. Deerfield
These days experiential gifts are all the rave, and the gift of dining is always a winner. Owner Jen Howard recommends these gifts; pick up in person or leostable.com.
1. Gift Card
2. Leo's Table Mugs
3. Take and bake cinnamon rolls
1046 Millers Falls Rd, Northfield
Gift the joy of homegrown flavors with a bottle of local wine from Cameron’s Winery. Cameron’s Winery is all about small unique batches of wine and providing a relaxed and cozy environment. Visitors can taste wines in an old barn or bring a glass outside snuggle in a blanket and enjoy the warmth of a fire. Owners Leslie & Paul suggest these top gifts, available at the winery. You can find them online at cameronswinery.com
1. Holiday gift basket for the season. Includes a blanket to keep you warm, a candle for hope + light and wine for celebration.
2. Custom baskets can be assembled and delivered anywhere within Franklin County- a very special offering!
3. Winter White Wine. Among the favorites, a crispy and bright wine perfect for the holidays.
20 Bridge St. Shelburne Falls
A piece of Molly Cantor pottery is like giving a piece of New England to hold, cherish and admire. Come December 31st, Molly will be closing her shop doors, but she’ll still have pottery pieces for sale in the shop that will be occupied by painter Laurie Goddard. Visit in person to get an original piece of Molly Cantor or check her out online at mollycantor.com.
1. Mugs! Everyone loves a mug, an original piece of art and useful.
2. Spice Bowls. A great stocking stuffer!
3. Ornaments. An affordable gift and gives a taste of Molly Cantor pottery.
HISTORIC DEERFIELD MUSEUM GIFT SHOP & BOOKSTORE
79 Old Main St. in Deerfield
Right beneath the Franklin County Chamber of Commerce office lives the darling Historic Deerfield Museum Gift Shop. Sales from the gift shop help one of our anchor nonprofits supporting arts and culture. You’ll find an array of local artisan homewares, pottery, baskets, jewelry, books and a nice selection of unique kids gifts. Good news for Chamber Members, starting on Friday Dec. 22nd you get 20% plus there’s a 20% off holiday items sale. Be sure to stop by in person or shop online at historicdeerfieldstore.com.
1. Steven Earp Pottery – local artist in Shelburne Falls
2. Kids Gifts – fun and educational toys for stocking stuffers
3. Variety of Local Jewelry Artisans.
GREENFIELD FARMERS COOPERATIVE EXCHANGE
269 High St in Greenfield
Locally owned since 1918, Greenfield Farmers Cooperative Exchange is here to stay. You can find almost anything you need in the home, garden, pet, clothing and accessory categories. Go grab your last-minute gifts at the store!
1. Pet Toys
2. Darn Tough Socks
FRANKLIN COUNTY YMCA
451 Main St. Greenfield
Give the gift of health this year! There’s some great ways to support our amazing local YMCA through a holiday gift. We spoke with the new Director of Development, Maddie Oldenberg to give us the top three gift recommendations. You can visit the Franklin County YMCA in Greenfield or visit online here.
1. Gift certificate
2. Massage gift card
3. The gift of camp or for a monthly/yearly membership
LOOT FOUND + MADE
62 Ave. A. Turners Falls
You never know what treasures you’ll find at Loot Found + Made, but rest assured it’ll be something unique. Owners, John & Erin have a knack for collecting and curating an eclectic mix of old and new handmade items. There’s many gifty items to pick up but here’s the top three to consider first. Stop by Loot in downtown Turners Falls or check them out online at loottheshop.com
1. Casey Williams Map Art
2. Mittens by BFK Designs (made from recycled sweaters)
3. Eco Form plant holders (biodegradable and in vibrant colors) Currently 20% during the holidays.
SWEET LUCY’S BAKESHOP
7 South St. in Bernardston
We’re lucky to have the talented owner/chef Lucy Damkoehler back in town serving up the sweetest treats to devour. Lucy gave us her favorite items to give this holiday season. Make sure to stop by for some fresh goodies in person or online at sweetlucysbakeshop.com
1. Cookie Box
2. Gift cards for cooking classes
3. Sweet Lucy’s sweatshirt or t-shirt
281 Main St Greenfield
Plum is an easy stop to pick up a thoughtful last minute gift. You can find home decor pieces, jewelry, candles and hostess gifts galore. Swing by Plum in downtown Greenfield to grab one of the top gift recommendations or shop online here.
1. Hand blown friendship decorative balls-Made in Germany
2. Sous salts- top seller and perfect hostess gift
3. Bees Knees Honey and PF Candles – for those who appreciate an elevated scent blend.
BETH & FRANCES
3 Bridge St, Shelburne Falls
Beth & Frances is a carefully curated store filled with loads of easy last-minute gifts for the home and body. Owners Jenny and Dana make a point to bring in attainable pieces that highlight local makers and artisans. Shop online at bethandfrances.com or stop by the store in downtown Shelburne Falls.
1. Farm & Sea home fragrance + bodycare
2. Baby items
3. Custom curated themed gift boxes
THE OUTLET STORE
12 Chapman St. Greenfield
If you're on a specific hunt for a Carhartt hat we recommend picking one up at The Outlet Store in Greenfield, they have the largest selection in the area!
MAIN STREET BAR & GRILLE
94 Main St, Greenfield
When you're finished wrapping up your last-minute shopping stop by Main Street Bar & Grille to get yourself a well-deserved drink + meal. The manager, Christina Guevin-Gurney gave us her top food and drink recommendations. Be sure to check out their menu online
1. Best-sellers are the burgers and boneless chicken.
2. Fish & Chips, Filet Steak Tips and Chicken Parmesan entrees are memorable plates and keep you coming back for more!
3. Most popular drinks to try: Thin Mint Martini, Gingerbread Martini, Jack Frost, White Chocolate Peppermint Martini and Christmas Mimosa.
A BIG thank you to all the local businesses that responded to our call-out for participation in our first (and not the last) Franklin County Shop Local Tour.